THE WARRIOR CODEEdit
The Warrior Code is as follows:
- Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
- Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
- Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders. If any warrior or apprentice is sick or injured, they may eat while the elders, queens, and kits are eating.
- Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
- A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
- Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
- A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
- The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires or is exiled.
- After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.
- A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.
- Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
- No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
- The word of the Clan Leader is law.
- An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.
- A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.
The following rules are not specifically stated in the warrior code, but are expected to be followed:
- Medicine cats may not have a mate or kits.
- Kits must stay in camp until they are apprenticed, and are not allowed to hunt.
- The safety of the Clan is more important than the safety of one cat.
- Clans must not unite together to drive out another Clan. (This rule was broken when all four clans united together to defeat BloodClan.)
- Clans must not force another Clan to share territory.
- Enemy patrols must not attack cats if they are on a mission all four Clans agree on.
- Only cats of pure forest blood can be Clan members (suggested by Featherstar of WindClan).
- Each Clan may only eat the prey they are most suited for (suggested by Robinstar of SkyClan).
- All Clan cats must believe in StarClan (suggested by Dovestar of RiverClan).[16